viernes, 31 de agosto de 2012

#11 A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb


Stars: ****

Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance. Urban Fantasy.

Helen is Light, a spirit, a ghost, who haunts people with a love for literature. It's been 130 years since her death and she discovers that someone can see her. It's weird for someone to be able to see her, she is dead, nobody has been able to see her since like forever. At first she is scared of this boy who smiles at her but slowly curiosity makes her come near him. She discovers he was once Light like her, who found the empty body of Billy. 
James, the once Light who has borrowed Billy's body, and Helen slowly start having feelingd for each other, but a ghost and a human was not meant to be, so they look for an empty body for Helen. And they find one. Little by little the lovers discover pieces of their past lives before being Light, and the lives of their bodies.

It has taken me year to finally pick up this book and read it, always wondering if it would be a good buy or a bad one, and I'm glad I picked it up. The story is about ghosts, about life and love, about wrong choices and trying to get it right. James and Helen were great characters, the story was beautiful and the writting lovely.
Some books leave me with a feeling I can not explain, a feeling that I have gotten with the movie Kokuhaku (Confessions) and other books and movies. It left me breathless. I really liked the book but this might be a book some may not like.

P.S: Love the cover, it's probably one of the reasons I bought it.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario